Are there any changes to operating hours or capacity in light of the current COVID-19 situation?
Our operating hours have been temporarily reduced to 9:00 AM to 9:30 PM daily. We will still be open during these hours during any major holidays. Capacity has also been reduced to 25% or less. The new online reservation system for admission will allow us to regulate how many guests are entering SoJo Spa Club throughout the day. All open amenities will have clearly stated and enforced capacity and social distancing restrictions.
Update: Starting January 2021, we have decided to temporarily change our operations and close on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. This change will allow us to continue supporting our team, many who are local members of our beloved community, and create an opportunity for us to make additional improvements throughout our facility. We understand that this is a major change for you, our guests, and we would like to thank you for your continued support and understanding. It truly means the world to us.
I want to have a SoJo Spa Day. Do I need a reservation?
We strongly recommend utilizing our brand new online reservation system so that you can decrease potential waiting time or being turned away when our spa is at our new capacity levels. You will be able to prepay your admission with a credit card or existing SoJo Spa Club gift card or 10-pack and select the date and time you are planning to come.
For example, when you select a time slot of 10 AM to 11 AM, you should be checking in any time between 10 AM and 11 AM. There are no time limits on how long you can stay once you check in. If you arrive past your designated time, you will be admitted only if there is walk-in availability.
If you select pay by gift card or 10-pack, any balance owed after payment with a gift card or 10-pack will be due at check-in.
We will have limited walk-in space available every hour but we cannot guarantee availability. Please note that we will not be able to accommodate walk-in’s waiting in our lobby. You may need to wait in your car in our self-parking lot or find a different place to wait in the area.
What is currently available?
The following amenities and treatments are currently available:
- All pools and baths, including the baths within the Men’s and Women’s Bath Houses
- Showers in the Bath Houses
- Dining at the Food Hall and Infinity Lounge with indoor and outdoor seating
- Coworking Space
- Fitness Center
- Ganbanyoku Stone Beds on the 5th floor
- Acupressure therapy services – reservations are required (this is separate from reserving your admission) and can be booked online or by phone. Please call us at 833 SOJO SPA (833-765-6772). Available hours are between 10 AM to 7 PM.
- Massage services – reservations are required (this is separate from reserving your admission) and can be booked online or by phone. Please call us at 833 SOJO SPA (833-765-6772). Available hours will be between 10 AM to 7 PM.
All open amenities and treatments will be reopening with reduced capacity to 25% or less and spacing to allow for social distancing. All available products, food & beverage, and treatments are additional costs.
What is still closed at SoJo Spa Club?
The following amenities and treatments will remain closed:
- All saunas, steam rooms, and therapy rooms, including the steam room and saunas in the Bath Houses
- Yoga Classes
- Volcanic Sand Bath
- Korean Body Scrubs
- Body Wraps
- Prenatal Services
- Shuttle service to NYC
What do I need to bring for my spa day at SoJo Spa Club?
- Face mask* (must be worn everywhere other than in pools/baths or while actively eating)
- Your own towels (complimentary towel service has been temporarily suspended)
- Clean, rubber-soled sandals/flip flops for locker rooms and bath houses ONLY – cannot be the shoes you wore to enter
- Valid government issued photo ID
Swimsuits are available for purchase in the Locker Rooms. Towels will be available for rental for a fee.
Please be prepared to undergo a temperature screening in the lobby. This is mandatory for entry. Guests with a temperature of 100.4 degrees Fahrenheit or above will not be permitted. We are also abiding by the travel advisory as put forth by the state of New Jersey. Guests will also be asked if they have traveled in the past 10 days or if they live with or have themselves experienced any symptoms of COVID-19. An answer of yes to either question will result in you not being permitted in the spa.
*Bandanas and face shields will not be accepted in lieu of a face mask
What will you be providing?
Upon checking in at SoJo Spa Club, you will be given a tote bag* with a robe for you to utilize during your stay. The robe must be returned to us before you leave. The tote will be yours to keep and can be used to hold your personal belongings like your towels and sandals during your spa day.
*Limit 1 per guest, while supplies last.
What precautions are in place for available spa services?
In addition to therapists wearing masks throughout a treatment, they will also be wearing gloves throughout the service and wash their hands before and after each treatment. You will be required to keep your face mask on throughout the entire duration of your service.
As always, clean and sanitized linens are used for every guest. The room is sanitized between uses with ample time for cleaning and aeration.
How are you maintaining a safe environment for guests and staff?
Above all, we are committed to creating the safest possible environment for our visitors and staff. It is worth noting that SoJo already had state of the art sanitizing and hygiene procedures, but those will be further enhanced and thoroughly monitored including:
- Increasing the cleaning and disinfecting protocols of every commonly used surface, including handrails, sinks, counters, credit card machines, elevator buttons.
- Updated HVAC System with ion protection, eliminating harmful viruses coming from the Air Vents (applicable to both AC and Heat)
- Additional hand sanitizing stations on each floor and in common areas.
- Closing of multi-use cell phone lockers.
- Locker assignments will be spaced out so that no locker is used more than once per every 24-48 hours and will undergo deep cleaning between uses
- Reduced tables and chairs in the outside eating area, and we will be thoroughly cleaning each table and chair after each guest use
- Lounge chairs both indoors and outdoors will be placed at least 6 feet apart and cleaned multiple times during the day
- Robes and rented towels are laundered at the highest possible setting after each use and are delivered to locker rooms wraps and in covered bins to ensure no cross contamination
- COVID-19-specific staff training and required PPE for all staff
What kind of cleaning solution does SoJo Spa Club use?
SoJo Spa Club currently uses Ecolab Peroxide Multi Surface Cleaner and Disinfectant, which is an FDA registered multi-surface cleaner that is 99.999% effective in killing germs and proven to be effective against emerging viral pathogens.
What will social distancing look like inside the spa?
While much of our facility is an open concept, we will be enforcing social distance wherever possible. Our Courtesy Department will be stationed throughout the building to ensure guests adhere to the policies below.
- Implementing a 6 ft social distance rule for all common areas. These will be clearly marked on the ground, as well as, with additional signage
- Elevators will operate at a reduced capacity, with a limit of 4 people per elevator ride
- Stairwells will be divided by a barrier and be clearly marked for directional traffic.
- SoJo will limit the number of people in any of the pools, baths, saunas or lounges
- Tables will be eliminated and areas will be marked off to help spread our guests out throughout the building.
- The Hydrotherapy pool will also have certain areas blocked off and will add vinyl stickers as a visual clue for guests to comply with the 6 ft rule
- All other pools and baths will also have the vinyl stickers for guests
- Plexiglass barriers will be put up to separate agents from guests in the lobby, check out area, locker rooms, and food hall.
How can I do my part in ensuring a safe environment?
We can’t do this without you. If you’re feeling ill, especially with symptoms associated with COVID-19, we ask that you save your spa visit for a day when you are feeling well. If you are currently living with someone who is experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms or you have traveled in the past 10 days, we ask that you refrain from visiting SoJo Spa Club. We are abiding by the travel advisory as put forth by the state of New Jersey and expect all of our patrons to do the same. Please be mindful of the restrictions put in place and abide by the guidance of our staff who are here to help ensure a safe environment for yourself and your fellow patrons. Keep your face mask on whenever possible and wash your hands thoroughly or use our hand sanitizing stations often and regularly throughout your stay. Thank you in advance for your cooperation.
Are there any travel restrictions that would prevent me from visiting SoJo Spa Club?
Yes. We adhere to the NJ state travel guidelines regarding COVID-19. These do change and we ask that you consult the link prior to coming to SoJo. Should you travel from one of the areas where the State of NJ asks you to quarantine, we will refuse entrance, however, your tickets will be refunded.