The Spa Receptionist’s role functions as the liaison between the guest and ESPA treatments and products. Spa Receptionists are primarily responsible for maintaining a calm and consistent flow of business through their assistance with the daily operational tasks of the ESPA department. Spa Receptionists drive the revenue of the business through effective scheduling of treatments, enthusiastic customer service, and receiving client feedback under the supervision of the ESPA management team. The maintenance of the highest standards of hygiene and cleanliness in all aspects of the operation.
Who we are:
SoJo Spa Club is a renowned Spa and Boutique Hotel located in Edgewater, New Jersey, with a unique blend of multi-cultural experiences across several pools, saunas, therapy rooms and other facilities. SoJo Spa Club’s mission is to enhance the quality of our guests’ lifestyle by providing an unparalleled wellness experience through exceptional service.
What we believe:
While we believe that customer experience is the center of our business and we want our guests to leave fulfilled with a feeling that they were taken care of, our people are the critical component of our business. We strive not only to provide our guests a remarkable experience at SoJo Spa Club, but also to promote a company culture of positivity, compassion, and strong work ethics. Our core values are hospitality, excellence, trust, accountability, teamwork, growth and gratitude that form the foundation for employee success.
Our mantra Passion and Compassion 247365 and we take pride in everything we do! We all share responsibility and accountability to the service contract we make with our guests, and, through our commitment to this shared sense of purpose, we inspire each other and create memories with a deeply instilled ethic of personal service to both our guests and team members. If you think this is an exciting opportunity and want to be part of our dynamic team, please apply – we want you on board!
- Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards in a courteous and professional manner.
- Address guests’ needs and thank guests with genuine attention and appreciation.
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of the menu of ESPA services and the SoJo facility.
- Answer all phone calls using appropriate customer service etiquette.
- Process all guest check-ins by confirming appointments, assigning therapists, and ensuring payment.
- Complete daily opening/closing procedures and checklists within assigned areas daily.
- Schedule reservations of spa treatments and monitor availability and staff to maximize use of time and profitability while ensuring that guests’ needs are of first importance.
- Always display a professional demeanor, particularly regarding punctuality, appearance, and general manner.
- Have full retail knowledge of products and prices charged, recognizing the necessity of sales.
- Perform any other duties as needed by management.
- Responsible for preparing the reception area for the next shift before leaving, leaving verbal pass on reports to management and closing receptionists.
- Follow all SoJo safety and security policies and procedures, alerting management for proper follow-through.
- Follow all company policies and procedures, including grooming standards.
- Maintain confidentiality of all company, employee, and guest information.
- Ability to maintain a positive and professional relationship and work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team.
- Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards.
- 1+ year(s) of related job experience (customer service, hospitality, or security) required
- Proficient in POS/reservation systems & knowledge of Spa operations
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and communicative skills required
- Must be able to reach, bend, lift, ascend and descend stairs or carry up to 15 pounds.
- Ability to anticipate customers’ needs and wishes in a professional manner.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and make appropriate judgement calls.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with problem solving abilities.