Who we are:
SoJo Spa Club is a renowned Spa and Boutique Hotel located in Edgewater, New Jersey, with a unique blend of multi-cultural experiences across several pools, saunas, therapy rooms and other facilities. SoJo Spa Club’s mission is to enhance the quality of our guests’ lifestyle by providing an unparalleled wellness experience through exceptional service.
What we believe:
While we believe that customer experience is the center of our business and we want our guests to leave fulfilled with a feeling that they were taken care of, our people are the critical component of our business. We strive not only to provide our guests a remarkable experience at SoJo Spa Club, but also to promote a company culture of positivity, compassion, and strong work ethics. Our core values are hospitality, excellence, trust, accountability, teamwork, growth and gratitude that form the foundation for employee success.
Our mantra Passion and Compassion 247365 and we take pride in everything we do! We all share responsibility and accountability to the service contract we make with our guests, and, through our commitment to this shared sense of purpose, we inspire each other and create memories with a deeply instilled ethic of personal service to both our guests and team members. If you think this is an exciting opportunity and want to be part of our dynamic team, please apply – we want you on board!
The ideal candidate has a strong passion for culinary excellence and a keen eye for detail. You will assist the Executive Chef in providing exceptional food quality and presentation.
• Lead the kitchen team to operate following all company and local health/safety guidelines
• Supervise and coordinate all activities of the cooks & porters.
• Resolve customer problems, questions, or concerns with cooperation of F&B department.
• Monitor and record inventory, placing orders when necessary.
• Provide support to kitchen employees with a hands-on approach.
• Oversee quality control & ensure consistency of method and final product.
• Provide constant coaching and training to staff to promote growth and development of skills
• Ensure employees are properly trained in all areas & delegate tasks accordingly.
• Assist in developing new menu options based on seasonal changes or customer demand.
• Develop & maintain positive working relationships with others across departments.
• Complete leadership training, safety training & any required certifications.
• Adhere to & implement sanitation regulations & safety regulations.
• Manage the kitchen staff in the executive chef’s absence.
• Perform other duties as requested by the chef or management.
• Minimum 3 years of management experience in a high volume kitchen
• Knowledge and experience with Korean and/or Japanese cuisine preferred
• Strong knowledge of cooking methods, baking methods and kitchen equipment
• Ability to multi-task and stay positive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining quality standards
• Proficient in MS Office and Google Suite
• Excellent logical and problem-solving skills.
• Able to reach, bend, lift, carry, and stoop
• Able to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
• Able to stand, walk, and stay mobile for entirety of shift
• Able to work in hot and cold environments
• ServeSafe food handler certificate
• Bilingual preferred English & Spanish